Launched in 2005, Kenmare Project is an initiative taken as a direct response to the need for services in Kenmare and its surrounding catchment area. Operating from a community-based setting, individuals are supported on a daily basis focusing on individual choices with activities promoting independence and a healthy and varied lifestyle.
Activities can also focus more on the social aspect of life include day trips and trips abroad, integrated general interest classes, music, drama, dance and sport. Some are FETAC accredited.
Our programmes include:
- Communications and Current Affairs
- Computer Skills
- Cookery and Independent Living
- Garden Project
- Literacy / Time Management / Money Skills
- Work Experience/Supported Employment
- Jewellery Making/Crafts,
- Physical Education & Healthy Lifestyle
- Participation in Kenmare Tidy Towns
- Using Community Facilities e.g. Library, Post office, shops, restaurants